As part of the UK Government’s “Tackling Obesity” initiative, new calorie labelling legislation came into effect from 6th April 2022 affecting all large businesses with over 250 employees.
The aim is to provide consumers with easy and accessible information to help individuals make healthier food choices for themselves and their families.
QikServe is pleased to announce that calorie labelling is available for all customers through the QikServe digital ordering platform.
What are the key rules you need to know about Calorie Labelling?
- Businesses with over 250 employees are required to provide calorie information
- The information is required to be displayed at ‘the point of choice’ (when customers are choosing their orders).
- The calories need to be labelled clearly on physical menus, online menus, next to the item if from a display stand and food delivery platforms.
- It must be displayed in kilocalories (kcal) and easily visible, not hidden or obscured.
- Along with this calorie information, you must also provide a statement in some way on your menu that reads ‘adults need around 2000 kcal a day’
- Please ask for this to be enabled when requesting to add the calorie feature to your platform.
Calorie labelling is accessed and amended through the QikServe digital ordering dashboard
Calorie Labelling Best Practice
Whilst calorie labelling is a mandatory requirement for larger businesses with 250 employees+, we strongly recommend that all of our clients consider calorie labelling as best practice and to enhance their customer experience.
Calorie Labelling is a feature that requires the Customer Success team to enable for QikServe Customers.