QikServe™ is a system that enables fixed point self-service ordering through a smartphone application (App).
The initial product focuses on enabling smartphone ordering in casual dining restaurants. This system allows the customer to come into a restaurant, take a table and order food and drinks from the table without any need for a server to take a manual order or the customer to go to an ordering point e.g. a bar.
The customer checks into the table by opening the QikServe (or ‘powered by’ QikServe) app and scanning a Quick Response (QR) code on the table. The QR Code includes the required information to identify the restaurant and table location. The system also checks the time of day and presents only the relevant menu for that time of day, for example breakfast menu between 6 am and 11 am. QikServe allows multi stage ordering. A customer is able to place a drinks, appetizer and main meal order and then later place a dessert and coffee order. QikServe can be used continuously for subsequent ordering e.g. drinks. After placing the order the system presents confirmation that the order has been received correctly.
Orders are passed to the kitchen and bar staff via an online portal and/or GPRS printer and/or email and/or full POS integration. All orders can be prepaid from the application reducing the risk of any customers defaulting on payment. The benefit for the customer is that they can decide the pace of ordering and do it all from the convenience of their table using their smartphone.
The system integrates fully with social media such as Facebook and Twitter. Customers are able to share check-ins, review restaurants, and invite friends.
Restaurants will be able to push offers and promotions to customers via the mobile app platform. In future the system will allow for sophisticated targeting based on behaviour and demographics.
Recent QikServe® Posts
- 100 Days to go. Are you ready?
- Henry’s Café Bar goes mobile for food and drink orders
- QikServe® Open Check
- Portsmouth FC – Mobile First
- QikServe® coming soon to Southampton Airport
- Something To Cheer About
- Pompey Embrace QikServe Technology
- QikServe® at Edinburgh International Airport
- Summer is here and I want one of those buns!
- “I’ll Pay You More, and Tell You More About Me”
For a copy of our new white paper "Customer Engagement through Mobile Self-service in Hospitality", please Click here
Sign up for the QikServe® Newsletter
- RT @SelmaNavigate: Did you try one of our delicious @thaitapas green curry today at Fratton End @officialpompey? Order through @QikServe and enjoy! #pompey, 21 hours ago
- RT @MrKimbell: Delicious curry from KohThai on Southsea now available on the #Pompey @QikServe menu. Signed programmes for some too! http://t.co/6xuOk2d4K8, 21 hours ago
- RT @SelmaNavigate: Enjoy a delicious @thaitapas green curry at the @officialpompey game 2day. Order via @QikServe & win a signed program on top! #pompey #pup, Mar 8
- Nathan:Wall http://t.co/BV0Zia2Oct, Mar 7
- RT @SelmaNavigate: Spice up the game & order a delicious @thaitapas Green Curry via the @QikServe app (exclusively at Fratton End) #pompey @officialpompey, Mar 5