QikServe™ is a system that enables fixed point self-service ordering through a smartphone application (App).
The initial product focuses on enabling smartphone ordering in casual dining restaurants. This system allows the customer to come into a restaurant, take a table and order food and drinks from the table without any need for a server to take a manual order or the customer to go to an ordering point e.g. a bar.
The customer checks into the table by opening the QikServe (or ‘powered by’ QikServe) app and scanning a Quick Response (QR) code on the table. The QR Code includes the required information to identify the restaurant and table location. The system also checks the time of day and presents only the relevant menu for that time of day, for example breakfast menu between 6 am and 11 am. QikServe allows multi stage ordering. A customer is able to place a drinks, appetizer and main meal order and then later place a dessert and coffee order. QikServe can be used continuously for subsequent ordering e.g. drinks. After placing the order the system presents confirmation that the order has been received correctly.
Orders are passed to the kitchen and bar staff via an online portal and/or GPRS printer and/or email and/or full POS integration. All orders can be prepaid from the application reducing the risk of any customers defaulting on payment. The benefit for the customer is that they can decide the pace of ordering and do it all from the convenience of their table using their smartphone.
The system integrates fully with social media such as Facebook and Twitter. Customers are able to share check-ins, review restaurants, and invite friends.
Restaurants will be able to push offers and promotions to customers via the mobile app platform. In future the system will allow for sophisticated targeting based on behaviour and demographics.
Recent QikServe® Posts
- QikServe® Open Check
- Portsmouth FC – Mobile First
- QikServe® coming soon to Southampton Airport
- Something To Cheer About
- Pompey Embrace QikServe Technology
- QikServe® at Edinburgh International Airport
- Summer is here and I want one of those buns!
- “I’ll Pay You More, and Tell You More About Me”
- Hearts first in UK with mobile app for food and beverages
- So, Mobile!
For a copy of our new white paper "Customer Engagement through Mobile Self-service in Hospitality", please Click here
Sign up for the QikServe® Newsletter
- RT @svenlatham: Impressed by @QikServe at @SOU_Airport - great idea. Order at table from phone, beat the queues. Shame I'm not hungry enough to try it today, Dec 04
- RT @engagePompey: So @tomdearie becomes a @QikServe customer....I knew he could not resist delivery pies forever:-), Nov 23
- RT @kingsleh: If I buy a pie today, can I be guaranteed a fork? #thatisthequestion @QikServe @engagePompey, Nov 23
- https://t.co/2mWoI34Olx, Nov 20
- RT @PompeyTrust: If you didn't get a ticket, support the lads in comfort @ Fratton. Watch the game on the big screen & get waited on by the @qikserve team!, Nov 15