The benefits of customers self ordering in reducing costs are actually really obvious. It is the other stuff that can really impact your bottom line. We have all experienced this, service is quite good to begin with right up until you’ve been served your main course and then it falls away. It’s as if staff believe their job is done as soon as your main course has been served or they are just too busy to get to you. Restaurants are missing out on revenue, because of this!
Think of all those desserts and coffees that could have made it to customers via a second service and how much extra your operation could have made. Diners hate obstacles to service and not being able to catch the waiter’s attention or having to get up and order at a counter for a second time when you want to order dessert and coffee are just two examples of such obstacles. They usually make a choice here. Sit and get frustrated or get the bill and leave! Either way you end up with a ‘detractor’.
A traditional way to try and solve this would be to add more waiting staff at an obvious cost. A better solution would be to provide a service on demand solution. What if there was a way to give every customer their own waiter. Well QikServe does just that! It turns every smartphone into a waiter in the pocket.
Our research has shown that 70% of diners would place a food or drinks order using a mobile device in a restaurant where the facility existed. This is far higher than the National Restaurant Association poll which put this at 29% (still a significant number!). It now seems widely accepted that moving to a self ordering model can reduce your operating cost by 30% but the real power of QikServe lies in it ability to deliver increased sales by giving customer the opportunity to complete the service on their own terms, removing any availability obstacles placed in front of them.
To find out more about QikServe and how it can help drive your restaurant efficiency and sales visit our website (www.qikserve.com) or contact us directly to arrange a demo.
Recent QikServe® Posts
- 100 Days to go. Are you ready?
- Henry’s Café Bar goes mobile for food and drink orders
- QikServe® Open Check
- Portsmouth FC – Mobile First
- QikServe® coming soon to Southampton Airport
- Something To Cheer About
- Pompey Embrace QikServe Technology
- QikServe® at Edinburgh International Airport
- Summer is here and I want one of those buns!
- “I’ll Pay You More, and Tell You More About Me”
For a copy of our new white paper "Customer Engagement through Mobile Self-service in Hospitality", please Click here
Sign up for the QikServe® Newsletter
- RT @SelmaNavigate: Did you try one of our delicious @thaitapas green curry today at Fratton End @officialpompey? Order through @QikServe and enjoy! #pompey, 18 hours ago
- RT @MrKimbell: Delicious curry from KohThai on Southsea now available on the #Pompey @QikServe menu. Signed programmes for some too! http://t.co/6xuOk2d4K8, 18 hours ago
- RT @SelmaNavigate: Enjoy a delicious @thaitapas green curry at the @officialpompey game 2day. Order via @QikServe & win a signed program on top! #pompey #pup, 22 hours ago
- Nathan:Wall http://t.co/BV0Zia2Oct, Mar 7
- RT @SelmaNavigate: Spice up the game & order a delicious @thaitapas Green Curry via the @QikServe app (exclusively at Fratton End) #pompey @officialpompey, Mar 5